In Okonkwo's eyes, his life had been ruined. Do you feel sorry for him? Why or why not? Was excommunication from the clan an appropriate punishment? Why or why not? Do you think Okonkwo takes appropriate responsibility for his actions? Why or why not?
I do feel sorry for what has happened to Okonkwo, and how it all happened. I feel like Okonkwo did not mean to do it, it was not aimed to kill anyone. I feel that in some ways the punishment was appropriate, and in some ways it was not. It is a better punishment than some other options that could have happened for killing someone, but he did not mean to hurt anyone so in some ways nothing should have happened to him. I think that Okonkwo takes appropriate responsibility for this choice because he knew that he needed to leave the town for what he did so he left. At other times though i think that he doesn't always take responsibility for his actions, but at this time he does.
- broke week of peace
- building up to it
- killing Ikemefuna
- connection to the tortoise story - shell cracking
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.