Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Journal 10

Why, according to Okonkwo, do the Ibo hold responsibility for the white man  invading their land? Do you agree with his perspective? Why/Why  not? 

According to Okonkwo the Ibo holds responsibility for the white man invading their land because they allowed him to stay without questioning him because they thought he was foolish and did not expect him to do anything. I do think though that Okonkwo thought of the white man as very clever so he is not fully holding responsibility on the Ibo. I do agree with Okonkwo because the Ibo allowed the white man to stay, and now he has taken over their town, and everything is now falling apart. I think that they should have known that they might be up to something.


  • Invited them, Innocence 
  • Warning signs, Spent time playing 
  • Failed to participate - bystander 
  • Assumed strength 
  • Believed in Ibo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.